One of the many things on my ‘to-do’ list is backpacking for a week. However, as a fashion lover, packing for just one week can be daunting. If I had my way I would pack at least three changes for each day. But that would not make any sense for a backpacking trip.
Minimalist? Minimal, the simple degree of something or someone who like to keep things simple.
The key factor for backpacking is lightness. This is so that I don’t loose all my strength from lugging heavy bags behind me. So packing light is the grouse I have with backpacking and i’m sure that i am not the only one. This led to me coming up with a guide to packing light. Lets get it, Lets go!
Guide to Minimalist Packing ; Clothes
Pack only what you need. Since the goal is to pack light you need to ditch all the unnecessary and focus on necessities.
- A pair of jeggings, this is because jeans are heavy.
- A pair of reversible pants/trousers.
- 2 short sleeved tee shirts
- 2 long sleeved shirt for when the air is a bit cool
- One jacket for cold mornings and nights
- 2 tube socks
- Comfortable walking shoes
- 2 pair of underwear (which can serve as swimsuits)
Remember that you will be clean and will wash so do not be alarmed. Also remember that if you pack for just one week, you will be able to wash as you go and will have clothes to travel with for more weeks to go.
Guide to Minimalist Packing; Miscellaneous
The key is to keep things light, so remember necessities only. So be prepared to ditch or else find lighter alternatives to gadgets like, laptops, cameras and tablets.
- Phone. Your phone can also replace a bulky camera
- Universal Charger. Rather than carry a bunch of different chargers, carry one universal one and save space.
- Toothpaste and Toothbrush. One tube of travel size toothpaste should last more than one week.
- Deodorant bar. A deodorant bar isn’t just light and small but flight regulation compliant.
- Lotion. A travel size tube of lotion should last you for quite a bit.
Something to help you streamline your packing is the right bag. Its always best to pack in a small bag. Perhaps a pretty awesome backpack. Like the Jansport backpack. Which has lifetime warranty because good thing should. Jansport has got you covered for whatever adventure you’re about to go on.
If you insist on carrying your laptop, a sturdy, durable laptop backpack will be your best bet.
Want to get backpacks in Nigeria? I still will recommend the Jansport bag. Jansport is a 40 year old company, devoted to the journeys of and adventures of life.
I cannot wait to go backpacking and probably throw in a little camping.This post is giving me a bit of FOMO.
Did you find these tips helpful? What are your techniques to packing light for a trip? Let me know in the comments section.